I picked up a vintage pattern from 1981 yesterday at the op shop for 50 cents
and made this dress today.
I thought this pattern was really sweet when I saw it.
One thing I didn't like was the neck opening.
I thought I'd change it to more of a keyhole shape which actually turned out lovely.
I even managed to do this while lining the dress.
Unfortunately the dress was not able to fit over her head :(
I had to cut the opening to make it bigger which made my lovely neat work
look so messy and unfinished. I decided to cover it using a small scrap of stretch lace.
It was size 6 so it was a little large for my daughter who wears a 4-5 at the moment.
I decided to add some shirring to the waist once it was finished which made it fit better.
I have not had a lot of success with shirring but I have a new mechanical machine which handled it heaps better than my computerised machine.
I used this shirring tutorial from Pink Fig.
I also added in some pockets because dresses are more fun with pockets.
Overall I'm very pleased with this dress.
I think the sand is a little cold judging by this expression.
Linking up here.