Saturday 4 August 2012

Vintage pattern alteration

Hello.

I picked up a vintage pattern from 1981 yesterday at the op shop for 50 cents
and made this dress today.


I thought this pattern was really sweet when I saw it.


One thing I didn't like was the neck opening.
I thought I'd change it to more of a keyhole shape which actually turned out lovely.
I even managed to do this while lining the dress.
Unfortunately the dress was not able to fit over her head :(

I had to cut the opening to make it bigger which made my lovely neat work
look so messy and unfinished. I decided to cover it using a small scrap of stretch lace.


It was size 6 so it was a little large for my daughter who wears a 4-5 at the moment.
I decided to add some shirring to the waist once it was finished which made it fit better.
I have not had a lot of success with shirring but I have a new mechanical machine which handled it heaps better than my computerised machine.
I used this shirring tutorial from Pink Fig.

I also added in some pockets because dresses are more fun with pockets.


Overall I'm very pleased with this dress.




I think the sand is a little cold judging by this expression. 



Linking up here.







2 comments:

  1. Cute dress on a adorable little girl. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cute but would be not much without the gorgeous model who did such a lovely professional job

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...