Thursday 5 July 2012

My inspiration has been discarded

Hello.

I have been practising my embroidery skills and I was very pleased with my last result.



I had plans to use them on a little top I had made from calico
or at least on some bottoms I wanted to make to match.

I finished the top and edged 'adore' embroidery with ric rac and sewd it on to the top.
Well it looked slightly ridiculous,  so I changed my mind and decided to unpick it and use it on some pants, maybe as a pocket.

Then I left it for a week or so.

When I finally finished this project I decided not to use it at all.
I completed the outfit with a ruffle skirt made from seersucker gingham.


 
I think the outfit has a wholesome feel to it.





So does anyone have any suggestions what I can use my embroidery for?
I'd love to hear your ideas.

♥♥♥

On a separate note, I reached a milestone today, exactly 16,000 views of my blog.
I'm sure it is not much compared to most of you all in blogland but I can't believe there have been that many people interested in seeing

"what i made today"


Thanks everyone for making it a good day :-)

Linking up here.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the floral design! I should really try something more complex like that sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute!! I wish I could do a skirt like this for my daughter!

    Thanks for sharing at Create & Inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to learn how to embroider. I bought a book once, but that's as far as I got:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my embroidery! I LOVE it too and am always looking for awesome new ideas and designs and I LOVE yours - this is so sweet! I love the text and the flowers - I need to do better and combine them (not just go one or another)! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    Also, just in case you didn't know, you're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't email respond to your comment... you can find a tutorial to help you fix that here. You'll probably get lots more comments/replies to your comments from bloggers if you do that too! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...