Wednesday 20 June 2012

Cute little fly dress

Hello.

I purchased this really cute knit fabric the other day from the remnant box for $5
and I had the perfect project in mind for it.

The red trim across the top looks much brighter in this picture
but it almost exactly matches the flies eyes in real life.
I have since added a black and red loveheart lace to the top of the red trim.
I used the same lace as the tie on the jacket I made to match the dress. 

I used this pattern from one of my favourite Japanese pattern books.


See the similarity?
The colour is almost the same, just the subject of the print has a slight variation :-)
I don't usually like flies, but I'm loving these ones.


The back is simple and sweet.
I just need to attach the hook and eye closure and it is complete. 


I made this little jacket using my Japanese pattern book.
It was a pattern for a bolero, I just extended the length by about 4 inches.






Linking up here.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...