Saturday 12 May 2012

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Soup

Hello.

I want to share a recipe with you.
I don't have a large repertoire of things I cook well
but this pumpkin soup recipe is one of the few things that I can pull off
and it's super easy.

I'll run you through it.

Step 1.
Cut up a leek into thin slices and saute in oil until soft.


Step 2.
Cut up a whole pumpkin into small pieces.
I usually use butternut but this pumkin is a Japanese pumpkin and was grown in our garden.
You can use any pumpkin though, the darker orange it is, the sweeter it is.


Step 3.
Add the pumpkin to the pot with the leek and add salt, cracked pepper and stock powder.


I actually added too much stock this time.
As a rough guide 1 tablespoon would do for a pot of soup made from one whole pumpkin.

This is the brand I use and it is actually vegetable stock powder that is chicken flavoured.


Step 4.
Add enough water to just cover the pumpkin.
If you add too much your soup will be less flavourful.
You are better off adding in more later if you need it.


Step 5.
Bring to the boil and cook until the pumpkin is soft.


Step 6.
When the pumpkin is soft blend it until it is smooth and thick.
Taste and add more salt if needed.


Step 7.
Dish up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...