Wednesday 21 March 2012

A Dress for School

Hello.

I have made a few outfits up for my 4 year old for Kindy but most of them are polka dots or tartan in school colours. I thought I would make something a little closer to the proper uniform and this is what I ended up with.



I used the same pattern to make this loveheart dress. This time I just added in some sleeves. I used the sleeve pattern originally for this New Look pattern,  I just made them short sleeves and encased some elastic in the sleeve hem. They came out a little more poofy than I wanted.


The dress was also way longer than I anticipated so I folded it up about 3 inches from the bottom and gave it another seam. In doing this I lost about 6 inches in length which probably made it a little too short. I just put some little shorts underneath, so it's not a problem.



I love the buttons on the back. They really stand out as a feature of the dress.

She looks as pretty as a picture...before school.
By the time I pick her up it's another story.


Linking up here:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sherry, especially with the little shorts underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I must have clicked thru earlier from project Run & Play to you too, beucase I was drooling over your japanese pattern dresses the other day! :) Thsi uniform dress is adorable. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...