Monday 2 January 2012

Another Summer Outfit For Baby

Hello.

I purchased a couple of new patterns the other day and used one of them to make this.


It was the Burda 9802. I was looking for a different style top for my baby and liked this pattern because it also offered the ruffle pants.  It was the first time sewing with a Burda pattern.

Hmmm...I have to say that Burda is not one of my favourite patterns  :-(

I prefer tops to have a lining/facing rather that use bias tape to edge the collar and armholes.
It makes for a neater finish.


I added black piping around the collar to tie in with the black pants.

I followed the pattern when sewing the pants but they just didn't match up.
The front pieces were about an inch shorter than the back pieces so I had to cut them down to make them even.

I made the pants out of black drill. I had this in my cupboard to make my son some school pants. After making these cute ruffle bloomers with it I now think that black drill is way better for boys school pants than a sweet baby girls outfit.



Of course I added a matching bow.

Nevertheless I still am happy with the overall result.
I think next time though I will make the pants with ruffles that match the pant fabric rather than having such a big contrast.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pattern review. It's good to hear how others find a pattern, before you purchase it. You've done a great job. I like the black on the pants. It makes the pattern on the floral fabric stand out more. The piping is a great addition. Another beautiful outfit, Sherry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about Burda patterns. I love that you added the bow! You titled your post Another Summer Outfit... Oh, how I wish I wasn't in the dead of winter here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...