Tuesday 13 December 2011

Purple Summer Outfit

Hello.

I made another little summer outfit for my little baby the other day.


I used the same pattern for the top as I used in this post
and the same pattern for the pants as I used in this post.
I did alter the pants in this outfit though.


I added the patches (which I lined with towelling) to the knees to act as extra comfort for my crawling girl. 
I put an elastic casing at the bottom of the pants rather that up the leg
to hold the pants down so the patches stayed on the knees.


I had seen the idea for the knee pads here on Rae's blog and here on Dana's blog.

I used the purple seersucker gingham I picked up from Spotlight for $3 p/m. The purple circle fabric was also from Spotlight and once again from the cheap rack (I think it was $6 p/m)

I'm not sure why this pic shows up on it's side, but I can't flip it :-(

The bib was made to match because my baby spends most of the day wearing one in an attempt to stay clean, something I have struggled to do with all my kids. 
I made a little bow to match and just hot glued it onto a little clip I had.




Overall I am very pleased with this little outfit.

4 comments:

  1. It all matches so well. Love the colours. I thing I have some of that seersucker gingham in the same colour from Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry I bought the same fabric! I used the circles/dots to make a coat for Anna for next year! Off the bargain table at Spotlight :) Love the outfit, it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable outfit! I love the knee patch idea. I remember how red my little ones knees would get. The fabric you used is perfect for the project. Don't you just love the 'cheap' section in the fabric store? I'm a new follower, and hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post writing іs alszo a excitement, if you kոow afterward you сɑn
    write ߋtherwise it iis complex tο write.

    Mƴ blog post :: dr oz garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...