Tuesday 13 September 2011

Cheap Summer Halter Dress

Hello,
Last weekend was such a beautiful weekend. The sun was shining and the weather was warm. A perfect occasion for wearing a summer dress. This was my second attempt of making this New Look 6694 pattern.

My daughter just loved the "C" option with the yellow and white gingham and the lace lace edging. I think I pulled it off pretty well.


Gigham is so cheap. I only paid $1.99p/m on special. The lace around the bottom cost more, $2.49p/m.
I completely lined the dress for modesty as the fabric was quite sheer.



I love the pintuck pleats running around the waist.
I don't know if you can notice but I had a little trouble with the ribbon at the center of the bust.
I couldn't work out how to do it easily the first time and still struggled the second time.



The back tie and halter neck makes it a cool dress for the summer.

I think I will give it another go this summer and see if I can master the front ribbon.
I'll let you know how I go!
:-)

3 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Hope you’re joining us again this week!
    http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/10/show-share-8.html

    Marie
    Mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely cool dress for Summer, Sherry. I honestly can't see anything wrong with the ribbon at the front.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...