Friday 29 July 2011

Lets begin...Ruffle Nappy Cover

Welcome everyone to my very first blog entry. I have never done this before so I hope it all works out. If it does I hope you enjoy reading what I am up to.
I will post each new item I create and any useful info and links I use for your benefit.
To begin with I will post items that I have made up to now.

Last night I made a ruffle bum nappy cover using the MADE Diaper Cover tutorial. This is such a great site with very easy tutorials and free patterns. Dana is the reason I have began to blog as I am totally addicted to reading hers. I hope I can be at least half as interesting as she is. Anyway back to my creation. I added 3 ruffles across the bum for cuteness and the directions for these I found here Little Betty Ruffle Sunsuit.  I found that once I attached my ruffles I didn't have enough room for the waistband so I just added a waistband of 2 inches folded over to accommodate the elastic.  The fabric is "Puppies on Salmon" from the "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Fabric line and "Little Hearts All Around" from the "Lamour" Fabric Line.




I have to admit I did struggle with folding over the legs for the elastic casing but I didn't iron them so that may have been part of the problem. Next time I'll do it properly and we'll see if it makes a difference.

Any way that is my first post. I would love to hear your comments and look forward to my next post. Seeya then.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry,
    The ruffle pants are soooo cute.I can imagine my little cutie running around in a pair of those in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute... I make my nappy covers from the same tutorial. I had the same problem with the leg casing... I'm so slack when it comes to having to iron! After awkwardly trying to sew the casings a few times now, I am vowing to iron next time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Sherry!!! Love the fabric and the ruffles. I'm afraid I often skip the ironing steps while sewing. If I can get away with it, I don't do it. I know I should iron when the pattern says to. I'm very pleased you decided to start your own blog. I love reading your posts and seeing your creations. As I've said before, you link to such a wide variety of fabulous patterns. Thanks for linking up all of your baby projects. I've enjoyed rereading them and there were a couple I hadn't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I did the same thing to make a diaper cover to go with my baby girls' Easter dress. I had a hard time getting the leg holes, too, and I did iron. She does say in the directions that it is nearly impossible to get them perfect, which of course I didn't read until afterwards. LOL. Great job on yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love a good ruffled bum and these are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab frillies Sherry! I may have to have a go myself....I just ADORE ruffles. Marion :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...